CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 5, 2008

Ordination

This post is specially for Father Alvin Ho.I know this might be slightly late as he was ordained two days ago,but anyway,congrats Father Alvin.

For those who doesn't know what is an ordination, it is a sacrament whereby someone becomes a priest.The ordination was held in the Church of St. Francis Xavier,Petaling Jaya,and it was jam packed.So my mum,grandmother and her friend and I had to sit in the porch but we could still get a good view of the whole thing(despite of my height) as they had cameras and projectors projecting the whole event on the wall.All the priest,deacons etc. were there and many of the faithful attended it.And to our surprise,Father Alvin actually remembered us...he greeted my grandmother on the way in.I couldn't take any photos after he entered the church...I'm too short(as usual) and everybody else was blocking my view.But still,I managed to take some photos at the end of the whole event.Here they are.





Archbishop of Malaysia,His Grace Murphy Pakiam

The crowd gathering to have a word with father Alvin

The Christmas wreath at podium

The altar

The interior of the church

Father Alvin and a parishioner

Father Alvin blessing a parishioner

Father Alvin Ho S.J.

Father Alvin greeting my mum

Father Alvin again

Group pic of my grandmother's friend,Father Alvin,my mum and my grandmother

ONCE AGAIN

CONGRATULATIONS TO FATHER ALVIN HO S.J.!

May the Holy Spirit always guide you to serve Christ and the Church with love and wisdom through your vocation!

God bless you and may He bless you abundantly!

And by the way, Father Alvin's ordination day, 3rd December, coincided with the feast of St. Francis Xavier, the preacher which the church was named after.Father Alvin is so blessed to be ordained on that day...as it was the feast of St. Francis Xavier.Just for your info, St. Francis Xavier was the person who spreaded Christianity to the East during the Portuguese conquest.And,yes, he did come to Malacca during the times of the sultans.He is the patron saint of India,Philippines,navigators and parish missions,just to name a few.

~You shall be to me a kingdom of priests, a holy nation. That is what you must tell the Israelites~ ---Exodus 19:6

0 comments: